Jacobson Memorial Hospital Care Center
It is the philosophy of Jacobson Memorial Hospital Care Center that all persons, regardless of race, color, creed, age, sex, or financial status, are entitled to the best care to help each individual continue their life to the maximum of their abilities; that each person admitted has available to their physical, mental, social, restorative, and spiritual needs the services which will speed their recovery and enrich their life.
In view of its mission to respect the life and dignity of each person, Jacobson Memorial Hospital Care Center recognizes that every competent patient has the right and responsibility to control the decisions relating to their own health care.
These patient's rights include the right to:
- Considerate and respectful care.
- Treatment and services consistent with acceptable professional standards of practice.
- Make informed decisions involving care and to participate in any care.
- Personal privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Formulate advance directives consistent with the Federal Self Determination Act.
- Expect reasonable continuity of care.
- Be informed of hospital policies and practices that relate to patient care, treatment, and responsibilities.
- Review the patient's own medical record and to have information explained.